Since the article of Alexander Pachkov ('Paralay') in Nov, 2009 issue of Russan-language 'Popular Mechanic' journal has produced a great interest, I translated the short essential of this text. Paralay is the editor of the popular site 'Stealth Machines'. The article is about PAK FA/FGFA program. Since I cannot check the Paralay's sources out, the question of information reliability is up to a reader. The outlines of his article:
1) Can hope for 10-15% PAKFA advantage over F-22 due to two decades of tech. development.
2) F-22 detects Su35 from the distance of 150-
180 km but can open fire from 110 km, while becomes visible for Su-35's radar by itself and on R-77 range of attack.
3) OLS-35 probably detects Raptor on
100 km distance.
4) PAKFA's AESA radar has probably 1526 modules with overall power 18 KWt. Range for a big air target – 400. TWS/A = 60/16.
5) Active antennas in the wings and tail are probable.
6) OLS with 360 deg.
7) Backward attacking missiles.
8) Has up to 12 Air-to-air missiles (if compact) in internal placement.
9) Two internal bays for WLRAAMs and LRAAMs up to
700 kg each. + 2 bays for short range missiles.
10) While Raptor can have up to 8 missiles in the internal bays.
11) WLRAAM 'Izdelie 810' is MiG-31 R-33 derivative.
12) LRAAM 'Izdelie-180PD' is air-breath R-77 derivative.
13) 'Izdelie-180' – solid-fuel R-77 derivative 110-
140 km. With active and passive radar, homing on jammer.
14) Short range AAM – 'Izdelie-300' or K-MD IR matrix, double range of homing.
500 kg guided and unguided bombs and cassette munition.
18) Intrafuselage cathapults UVKU-50L – up to
300 kg, UVKU-50U – up to 700 kg.
19) Internal bays total weight
20) With + external hardpoints –
30 mm autocannon.
22) According to the plans – 430 planes must be built for RuAF.
23) Probably price $80 mil.
24) Will replace 339 Su-27 and 300 MiG-31